The Empire cannot escape the Kolat Information Network.
Today at GAMA, many companies came to talk about their products for release this year.
Notes were transposed by Josh Fohrman, who was at the event:
- We bought this property for more than just doing a card game. – Steve Horvath
- “Players will still have impact on the storyline. Will it work the same way as AEG? No.”
- Zero compatibility with the old game
- Design Team
- Lead designer is Nate French
- Co-designers are Erik Dahlman (played the original L5R) and Brad Andres
- Koteis will work differently but they will still have them. 8 koteis in the world over a 12 month span (similar to the System Open Series from X-Wing)
- Store championships, opens, Nationals and World Championships are slated and it WILL be in at November Worlds
- “Biggest initial print run for an LCG they’ve ever done.”
Big opening event at Gen*Con that will be broadcast around the world
- Same rotation as other lcgs
- “Dynasty packs” are monthly releases
- Big boxes will be clan based. Wouldn’t comment on what clans
- $39.95 MSRP for Core Set
- You will only need to purchase 2 Core Sets to have a playset of each card for L5R.
- Marketing kick off – April 19 – Mark your Calendars!
Small Tidbit that Steve eluded to but we did not see on camera:
He mentioned that there was a ‘fan’ of cards that they had up earlier in the day that showed the card types but because 1 character in that group would have spoiled the surprise, it was removed. Anyone at GAMA that got a picture of that earlier in the day can send it to me at Master_Silk@kolatinformant.com