It has been a long wait for this day. Two years and 24 days or 755 days to be exact. It seemed like an eternity.
As of September 11th 2015, the Collectible Card Game era ended. I decided to write a final homage to the CCG and 1st through 4th Edition RPG.
Revere the Past
- I want to first thank the original L5R design, art and world building team: Dave Williams, John Wick, Matt Wilson, Matt Staroscik, D.J. Trindle, Ryan Dancey, and John Zinser. Without you, there would be no past or future for Rokugan.
- I would like to recognize the L5R story team that took us on the journey for the first 20 years: John Wick, Rich Wulf, Ken Carpenter, Edward Bolme, Rob Heinsoo, Rob Vaux, Lucas Twyman, Rusty Priske, Yoon Ha Lee, Nancy Sauer, Seth Mason, Shawn Carman, Fred Wan, Brian Yoon, Christopher Hand, Maxime Lemaire and current story team members Mari Murdock, D. G. Laderoute, Robert Deaton III, and Ree Soesbee.
- Former RPG design team (not mentioned with the Story Team): Robert Hobart, Marie Brennan, Brian Yoon.
- Former L5R art directors: Matt Wilson, Ken Carpenter, Steve Argyle, Noah Bradley, and Adrian Burton.
- Former L5R artists: Carl Frank, Jason Behnke, Ben Peck, April Lee, Mark Poole, Brian Snoddy, Christopher Appel, Charles Urbach, and Drew Baker.
I also want to thank 3 more people who were involved in the game that inspired me to start this website:
- Andy Heckt, from founder of Writings of a Deathseeker to head of the DCI Judges for Wizards
- Todd Rowland, from founder of Save the Ogres to L5R Brand Manager
- Dr. Zen Faulkes, founder of Steel and Iron and former L5R rules team lead.
I would also like to thank the numerous AEG and Wizards of the Coast employees and volunteers that helped make the original the game that we all flocked to.
Embrace the Future
As of today, October 5th 2017, the Living Card Game era has begun.
I want to thank Steve Horvath for taking the chance on the IP. I also want to thank the new design and story team: Brad Andres, Erik Dahlman, Nate French, and Katrina Ostrander.
As many of you now know, I was apart of the playtesing for the Core Set. I want to thank all the playtesters who poured their free time into this project. I know that we did all that we could to make this the best launch point for L5R.
I have spoken a lot about the past of the game. Today that ends as the Rebirth begins.
See you on the field of battle!